The aim of the Company is to ensure that personal data is obtained, stored, processed, used, disclosed and destroyed in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and related data protection legislation, and the purpose of this data protection policy (the “Policy”) is to establish internal procedures to manage our compliance with these requirements. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For the purposes of this Policy, the Company is the data controller for all personal data collected and used in its business for its own purposes. The Company has notified with the Information Commissioner’s Office that it is a data controller under registration number Z5937188.
Dron & Dickson may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from April 2018.
WHAT WE MAY COLLECT
The Company collects, stores and processes personal data about various groups of people including employees, clients, agents, suppliers and other third parties.
The types of data collected, stored and processed may include the following non-exhaustive list:
- Name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
The Company will only obtain, store and use personal data for legitimate business purposes and / or where there is a statutory or contractual requirement to do so. These purposes include:
- to provide and improve our products and services to you
- to maintain our business relationship where you are a user of our website, client, supplier or candidate
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications
- Recruitment and employment (including post-employment management)
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Dron & Dickson will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
- Should the Company require to process personal data for any other purpose, it shall notify the relevant individuals in advance of doing so.
The Company shall process personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes it collected it for in accordance with applicable laws. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, the Company considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of personal data, the purposes for which it processes personal data and whether it can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
The Company ensures at all times, that appropriate technical and organisational security measures are taken against the unlawful or unauthorised processing or disclosure of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUALS - CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company recognises that data protection rules provide rights to the individuals whose personal data it processes. These rights include:
- the right to access personal data the Company holds about them;
- the right to know why their personal data is being processed;
- the right to have their personal data deleted;
- the right to request certain personal data is restricted from processing where there is a question as to its accuracy, the processing is unlawful, there is no need to process the personal data or there is an objection to the personal data and the decision is pending;
- the right to request certain personal data transferred to a third party;
- the right to withdraw consent to the personal data being processed (where consent is relied upon);
- the right to complain to the authoritative body (e.g. the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom), further details below at section 5; and
- the right to understand any consequences of not giving data.
The Company shall, at all times, adhere to any rights of an individual under the data protection rules. Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the appointed Data Protection Officer in writing:
Human Resources – Data Protection Officer
Dron & Dickson Ltd
Unit B Craigshaw Road
West Tullos Industrial Estate